FranCompare™ and the World Franchising Network are committed to assisting individuals in their quest for self-employment and business ownership. We seek to provide prospective franchisees with the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on the franchise systems we consider the “best” from over 4,000 active North American franchisors. We feel strongly that the operating and system advantages that franchising offers make it the preferred avenue for 95% of those who want to go into business on their own.
Our stakeholders are today's prospective and existing franchisees, franchisors, law firms, consulting firms, accounting firms, service providers, and entrepreneurs. As a group, these entities make the franchising industry what it is, and more importantly, what it can become.
About FranCompare™ and the World Franchising Network
With its extensive product line of books, websites, databases, and consulting services, the World Franchising Network is a preeminent supplier of reliable, up-to-date and easy-to-use information on franchising. The primary focus of FranCompare™ is to determine those franchise systems that have better identifiable performance metrics than their direct competitors.
- Bond's Top 100 Franchises (7 editions) offers a rigorous analysis of 100 top franchises in the food-service, retail, and service-based industries. Selected from over 3,000+ available franchise systems, these companies were evaluated on the basis of historical performance, brand identification, market dynamics, franchisee satisfaction, level of initial training and ongoing support, financial stability, and other key factors.
- Bond's Franchise Guide and predecessor book (22 Editions) provided a detailed profile of franchise industry leaders, using ~45 key variables that allowed prospective franchisees to readily compare franchise systems.
- "How Much Can I Make?" (14 editions) presents historical sales, expense, and/or profit data on actual franchise operations, as provided by the franchisors themselves. This "insider's guide" includes recent earnings claim statements (Item 19s) from the food-service, retail and service-based industry categories.
- Minority Franchise Guide (4 editions) was focused on franchise system that specifically wanted to recruit minorities.
- Bond’s International Franchise Guide (2 editions) was focused on US-headquartered franchisors who wanted to expand internationally.
- Tips & Traps When Buying a Franchise (2 editions) by Mary Tomzack serves as an insightful overview and road map for prospective franchisees.
- FranCompare.com: FranCompare™ is the newest addition to the World Franchising Network. It is founded on the belief that prospective investors are provided with adequate information (through a franchisor’s Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)) to better compare competing franchise systems and to rank them using a rigorous metrics-based analysis (Franchise Matrix™).
- WorldFranchising.com: is one of the Internet's most comprehensive portals on franchising. The subsidiary sites (noted below) of resources and searchable databases cover all major segments of the industry.
- FranchiseDisclosures.com provides ready access to over 35,000 current and archived FDDs and UFOCs, going back to 1990. Over 7,800 individual franchise concepts are listed.
- FranchisorDatabase.com: Because of our daily contact with the franchising industry, we are able to maintain a highly accurate database of over 4,000 active North American franchisors and the names and titles of over 30,000 senior franchising executives. The initial cost to “rent” the database is $1,500 and subsequent monthly updates are only $100.
- FreeItem19s.com: To produce our annual publication “How Much Can I Make?”, we surveyed and extracted Financial Performance Representations (Item 19s) from the majority of the well-known franchisors that provide an Item 19 in their Franchise Disclosure Document. Approximately 1,000 Item 19s are extracted annually and made available by major industry segment — Food-Service, Lodging, Retail, and Service-Based. Individual Item 19s are $25 each. Annual packages by industry segment are priced at $1.00 per Item 19. Free Item 19s are provided for franchisors that are “Best In Category Franchises” on FranCompare.com.
- FranchisingURLs.com: We have “warehoused” over 150+ URLs that focus on franchising. These are available for purchase at the reasonable prices noted.
- BestFranchiseSuppliers.com is a new site under development that will provide a searchable database which will include detailed profiles of leading North American franchise consultants and service providers, with related resources.
- BestFranchiseAttorneys.com is a new site under development that will provide a searchable database which will include detailed profiles of leading North American attorneys.
Rob Bond is a leading national authority on the exceedingly complex franchise industry. As the founder and president of the World Franchising Network and Source Book Publications, located in Oakland, California, his sole focus for the past 25 years has been the dissemination of timely and in-depth information on franchising through books, websites, and databases.
Recognizing the need for a national forum to address the under-representation of minorities in the U.S. franchising community, Bond and Everett Wallace created the National Minority Franchising Initiative. The 2003-2004 program included Bond's Minority Franchise Guide (3 editions), the MinorityFranchising.com website (no longer active) and 10 popular seminars hosted throughout the country.
As a veteran himself, Bond also wanted to show his gratitude to today’s veterans by establishing Franchises4Vets.com (no longer active) as a go-to site that lists the benefits that franchisors provide to veterans who want to go into business for themselves. The site also noted the number of veterans who are franchisees or who held senior management positions for participating companies.
Since receiving his MBA from Stanford Business School, Bond has built an extraordinary record of achievements in several Fortune 100 companies, real estate development, and consulting. As an author, lecturer, and consultant, he is regarded as one of the franchise industry's most knowledgeable and widely quoted spokespersons.